Sunday, April 26, 2009

Je voudrais un vin de Drouhin.



Wine: Cote de Beaune-Villages (the name is the same as the district where French wine is concerned)
Winemaker: Joseph Drouhin
Vintage: 2003
Grape: Pinot noir
Region: Burgundy, France

Jason's first word? Refined. Mine? Smooth. And that was BEFORE we paired it with a rotini pasta with wild mushroom cream sauce. Whether you know a lot about wine or not, you just know that there has to be something to what the experts go on and on about regarding "terroir" when you are drinking a good French wine. There is an elegant earthiness to this wine that seemed really happy to go with a mushroom dish. I think this is how pinot noir is supposed to taste.

Hmmm...A quick google search tells me that the wine may be a couple years past its peak, but you are not going to hear me complaining.

We'd been reading up on French wines this week, so we were really thirsty for this! The knowledge I have to impart from all of that research? There is a lot I don't know about about French wine (yet). As soon as I figure it out, I'll let you know. I assure you- my research continues...

1 comment:

  1. It only took a couple sentences for me to realize that your blog is different from any blog I might have--less robot fighting and such. But it is pleasant and I like your wine picture.

    ReplyDelete