Sunday, August 29, 2010

I Prayed for this Pizza. I Ate It. I Loved it.


"I didn't expect it to be this good."
Jason's reaction upon putting pizza delight in his face.
I was all, "Right?"

It's ho-made pizza night! And, it's not just ho-made. It's ho-grown too! At least the tomatoes, basil, oregano, and thyme are. {To be clear, I'm the ho who grew it. Jason is the ho who made it. No real surprises there.}

With pizza dough all over my shirt and a kitchen full of pizza-making remnants, I am thinking of you dear sweet Elizabeth Gilbert pizza-description-Goddess. I am thinking of you in your crowded, delectable pizzeria in Naples. I am thinking of you and your too-tight-pants and your fun foreign friend. I am thinking of you and the the perfect adjectives you used, "thin, doughy, strong, gummy, yummy, chewy, salty pizza paradise." It's all that plus the satisfaction that comes from preparing it right here in my own kitchen with ingredients from my own garden.

Oh, and the wine. It's red. It's Italian. It's letting the pizza be the star. And, it's wonderful.

If Rome's word is "sex," so is this pizza's.

P.S. Did I mention that the onions are carmelized?

1 comment:

  1. love love love it...I actually would drive two hours to your house to eat this pizza. I want the dough recipe----ours never turns out that good! Nice job A & J

    ReplyDelete